Saturday, August 18, 2012

Back again

Yesterday while Josh was at school and Sam was at kinder Darrel, Michael and myself took a trip to Warrnambool. While in there I got myself some more moulds for soap making and Rhonda Hetzels book Down to Earth.


So today I am sitting back and relaxing in front of the fire while I relax and reading my new book and am finding it interesting, but at the same time am finding it difficult not to jump up and buy the materials I need for certain things I want to do out of this book. All in good time, first I will read it and slowly start trying new things. One of the first new things I will try will be knitting dishcloths and socks.

In the meantime I am waiting on some pumice powder I ordered on eBay to make some soap for Darrel and I would like to make some for our everyday use but not sure what to put in it, will look around and see what I can think of.

4 comments:

  1. So glad you got the book. I love it! Must sit down and have another read of it again.
    Love my crocheted dishcloths and facecloths as you know. Wish I knitted so I could make socks though

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not so sure about crocheting dishcloths, no idea how to crochet but knitted ones I can do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Rachel...

    I have a whole bunch of knitted and crochet dishcloths in use here. They are all fabulous. Knitted ones are just as good as crochet, and they have both proved to be equally durable. So it doesn't really matter which way you go!

    As for the socks - they've been on my to-do list for YEARS... but I'll get there one day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rachael, I love knitting socks they are a lot of fun to make! I want to start making my own dish cloths as well; perhaps now that I need to rest my foot I will start! However I first need to finish knitting my nieces baby cardigan! Oops! She is having the baby on Friday so I had better get that finished first!

    I love reading Rhonda's book it is so good! I can't wait to make the soap and bread!
    Jilly oxo

    ReplyDelete